Watch out for The Grumpy Chef, y’all! He got every single answer right this week, for an impressive score of 100%. He is, indeed, one of our master trivia players ’round these parts. Go show the curmudgeonly chef some love over at his site, Who Dares Cook, where you’ll gain all kinds of interesting insight into the inner-workings of an English restaurant.
Ready for the answers? At your service…
- Basil, incredibly. And this bizarre thought persisted until the 18th century!
- Mulberries, according to the sad story of Pyramus and Thisbe.
- Garlic, which couldn’t possibly be of the devil! It’s just too wonderful! Or could it?
- Apples, which were also considered to be the food of the gods.
- The swastika, long an Eastern symbol of good luck before being misappropriated by some German idiots in the 20th century.
- Cocoa, leading us back to last week’s mild obsession with chocolate.
Congrats to all who played — including the first player, Chris, who got all but one answer correct, and healthyhoustonfoodie and Pooh!, who also got 100% of the answers correct but were beaten to the punch by The Grumpy Chef.
I’ll see y’all back here next week for a slightly different Tuesday Trivia… 🙂