Wow. So…it’s Tuesday. Already. …yeah.
Did this weekend pass too quickly for everyone else, or just me? I don’t even have a Weekend in Food to share with you guys; that’s how exciting and eventful my weekend was. Most of the three-day Labor Day extravaganza was spent (a) at the city dump on Windfern, (b) installing toilets and tile, (c) maniacally operating the world’s loudest tile saw, (d) breaking my toe, and (e) toiling amidst the bugs and humidity in the backyard.
I didn’t put any effort whatsoever towards food (or writing) this weekend, the end result being that I don’t feel like I even ate anything. Which I clearly did, because…waistband on pants is hatefully snug today. Ugh. And that’s after having a dry baked potato with a dollop of salsa for dinner! Whatever.
High point of the weekend? Watching The Darjeeling Limited last night. Please allow me to highly recommend this if you’re a fan of Wes Anderson‘s work (excluding The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, obviously) or Adrien Brody‘s work. I realize these might be two distinct categories of people, but this was a serious return to form for Anderson and a brilliantly understated performance by Brody, so both parties should be happy. Oh, yes, and Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman and Anjelica Huston and Bill Murray, blah blah Rushmore-and-Tenenbaums-cakes. It was all great. Loved it. Especially the luggage.
Which leads us into today’s Tuesday Trivia which, once again, has a theme. But unlike last week’s themed trivia, this one is open-ended. Hope you enjoy!
- What is your favorite English-language movie about food? Suggestions include Big Night, Chocolat, Ratatouille, The Cook The Thief His Wife & Her Lover, et al.
- What is your favorite foreign-language movie about food? Suggestions include Babette’s Feast, Like Water For Chocolate, La Grande Bouffe, Eat Drink Man Woman, et al.
- If you could have the cast of a movie over for dinner, living or dead, which cast would you invite?
- If you could have the kitchen from any movie in your own home, which kitchen would you choose?
- Switching gears for a second (but still staying in the food & media genre), what is your favorite cooking show currently on television?
- BONUS: What is your favorite no-longer-televised cooking show from days past?
See you all tomorrow for a little nugget of food poetry. It’s been too long!