Not everything is greasy fish tacos this week. There are plenty of bright spots:
- The next flavor-tripping party has been announced! November 7th at the Saint Arnold Brewery: be there or be boring. Not familiar with flavor-tripping? Check this out: Tripping the Light Balsamic.
- CRAVE Cupcakes in Uptown Park is selling absolutely adorable boxes of six cupcakes — chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, each decorated with a pink ribbon — to benefit The Breast Center for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The boxes retail for $19.95 and 100% of the proceeds go to The Breast Center for cancer research. So go order a box or two!
- Swamplot reported today that Heights-area favorite Vietnam Restaurant is expanding.
- Oh, yeah. And Scott Tycer’s Textile is opening tonight. FINALLY.
- Rumors abound that a new, possibly 24-hour restaurant called Tost is opening up in the old Felix Mexican Restaurant space on Westheimer at Montrose. Have any more scoop on that? Lemme know…
- The Houston Press announced their Best of Houston 2008 winners last week. I wouldn’t advise putting too much stock in the restaurant choices, but it’s a good jumping-off point.
- Randy Rucker‘s latest tenacity dinner is being held tomorrow night, featuring Georgian grass-fed beef. The idea of caramelized calf’s liver in particular is making me salivate.
- And the tenacity dinner I’ve really been looking forward to is being held next week on October 8th: the whole pig dinner with guest chef Justin Bayse, who is currently a sous chef at Voice. This dinner was originally scheduled for September 23rd, but Hurricane Ike had other plans. If you’ve been waiting for the perfect time to experience tenacity, THIS IS IT. Seriously. Go. Contact Randy at email@example.com to RSVP for either dinner.
Enough links for one day. Get out there and enjoy this weather, folks!