Okay, okay… Phew! Picture me wiping the sweat from my brow as I write this. I’ll tell you why later…
Tuesday’s trivia was well-attended, with seriously good answers all around. You guys continue to impress me every single week. So without any further ado, the answers!
- Vodka! Yes, it’s true. Sadly, America’s pioneers didn’t have access to White Russians during their settling of our country. And yet they still managed to persevere…
- Acorns. …yeah. I know. Disgusting. But still miles better than beet coffee (beware the questionable language in that link, FYI).
- Egypt. Baklava. Pyramids. Stargates. Mummies. Baba ganoush. Is there anything these people can’t do?
- Kirsch Bottling in Brooklyn, New York. It was appropriately named No-Cal and was marketed for diabetics. Shortly thereafter, that soda loved by rednecks the world over was born: Diet Rite.
- Pigs, which — as Mary pointed out — do not graze, and therefore do not produce milk that is suitable for human consumption. Trust me, you do not want to drink pig milk.
- Sheep, ewes in particular. Great Britain, of course, has retained at least some of this fondness for the ovine family and Richard continues to be confused to this day as to why we don’t serve mutton or lamb more routinely over here.
This week’s winner will receive one shiny new playlist filled with happy, sunny Friday songs. So congratulations — once again — to amazing and magical Pooh and her six correct answers, who somehow manages to dazzle us week after week with her bizarre and limitless knowledge of food trivia. Pooh, if there were a Food Jeopardy!, you would be its Ken Jennings (who, by the way, wrote an awesome book that every trivia nut should read: Brainiac).
Thanks to everyone who played, and I’ll see y’all back here next week for another round… 😀