Our regularly-scheduled Weekend in Food format has been temporarily suspended due to illness. You’ll have to make do with this one.
I have had salmonella poisoning (a.k.a. salmonellosis) all weekend. I still have it today. Despite that, here is a list of things I ate this weekend in my single-minded, bull-headed determination to not let some stupid rod-shaped enterobacteria come between ME and FOOD.
- vegetable crudites
- Wavy Lays
- Egg McMuffin and hashbrown
- venti iced vanilla latte
- twelve different kinds of chili
- ginger ale
- Princessa chocolate bar from Poland
- spinach salad with beets, squash, mushrooms, onions and French dressing
- broccoli salad with raisins
- spicy vegetable soup
- macaroni and cheese
- brownie with ice cream and chocolate syrup
- five different kinds of farmhouse cheese
- egg toast with truffle oil and shaved black truffles
- pizza with mozzerella and anchovies
- pizza with leeks and sausage
- strawberry cupcake
- red velvet cupcake
Of course, none of these items are still residing anywhere remotely within me. And I don’t feel what I would even loosely define as “good.”
But TAKE THAT, SALMONELLA. You can’t keep a good eater down.