A short but informative link roundup from the past few days…enjoy!
First, my own links, cause I’m big pimpin’:
- Tweating Out: A post at the Houston Press on the newest Twitter trend…food meetups with [almost] total strangers!
- Green Eggs at Baby Barnaby’s: Another Press post about my adventures at the notorious Montrose breakfast spot with my Meemo.
- Baba Ghanoush at Cafe Rita: Because my eternal quest for the world’s best baba ghanoush has ended.
Now for other, more entertaining links:
- New @ Rainbow Lodge: Jenny’s review of the new items offered up by Randy Rucker at Rainbow Lodge. Notable primarily for the lush photography as much as for the ninth comment (a must read, as is Jenny’s response).
- The Year in Burgers: Alison Cook’s roundup of her favorite burgers of 2008, also notable for its insane comments section (which at last count had spiraled to 125 comments, primarily from people who need to attend the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can’t Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too)
- Give Me Some Hot Wings, Hold the Buttocks: Jeff’s take on the amusing “employee handbook” at no one’s favorite wing place, Hooters.
- Handicapping the Best of Houston Picks: Misha doing what he does best…deconstructing and carefully evaluating what others tend to take as gospel.
- Wine Cork Trivet in Progress: The endlessly creative Mellowynk recycles her old wine corks in a unique way that I would never have thought of.
- Robb’s Oyster Book: Robb Walsh’s new book — Sex, Death and Oysters — has finally hit the shelves. He’ll be cruising bookstores and signing selected copies of the book incognito, so be on the lookout for a man with a fountain pen, smelling of oysters (and hopefully not sex or death).
That’s it, folks. I’m off for a mug of jasmine green tea and a comfy couch. See you on the other side!