Wrapping up the week with a few links to what’s been going on around Houston this week:
- Montrose Makes Room for Vinoteca Poscol: Wondering what will take the place of the deeply missed Cafe Montrose?
- Las Problems con Las Alamedas: What’s going on with the pink lady on Katy Freeway at Voss? The usual…greedy landlords.
- Adios Otilia’s? Not So Fast: Word on the street had Otilia’s closing. Read the real scoop instead.
- Follow Friday for Foodies: Addicted to Twitter? Welcome to the fold. Find some great fellow foodies and Twitter-ers to follow here.
- Caswell, Feast, Jim & Levi Goode Named Semifinalists for 2008 James Beard Awards: Alison Cook runs down the list of local nominees for the Oscars of the food world.
- It’s an Oyster Bonanza! Ever wondered how to shuck an oyster and not slice your palm open? Robb Walsh shows you how.
- Mollejas at Taqueria Tacambario: Misha at Tasty Bits elaborates on his own sweetbreads experience at the first stop on the Houston Chowhounds’ recent taco truck crawl.
- Food Trends I’m Ready to See Fade Into the History Books: Cory at I’ve Got the Munchies discusses in his typical witty style the current food trends he’d like to see put to a swift death.
- Dim Sum Ocean Palace: Ruthie at Great Food Houston has a short piece on her newly-redesigned blog about the good and not-so-good dim sum to be found at Chinatown’s Ocean Palace.
- Spicy Pickle Targets Houston: No, not a real spicy pickle with a gun. But that would make an interesting blog post, too. H-Town Chow Down discusses the newest sandwich chain (yes, another one) to enter the Houston market.
- Spring Menu Tasting at Max’s Wine Dive: J.C. Reid at Houston Foodie makes me salivate all over again as he recaps the menu tasting we enjoyed at Max’s this past Wednesday night (my own post with photos to come soon).
Missed anything? Let me know in the comments section below.