she eats. is written by a 30-something woman named Katharine from Houston, the city where restaurants outnumber humans 5:1.
Katharine writes about food and all of its possible corollaries and permutations because food and writing are the two things she loves most in life.
Her joys include:
- highly pungent blue cheese
- Boddington’s served at 65 degrees with a thick, creamy head
- red velvet cake
- pad see ew
- Alton Brown and Anthony Bourdain
- baking fresh scones on weekend mornings
- grits…mmm…lovely, glorious grits
- hamachi sashimi with oodles of wasabi
- raw oysters
- steak tartare
- basically, anything raw or rare that won’t kill her
- her mother’s lasagna
- …and readers
And because it’s by far the most asked / e-mailed question (ranging from polite inquiries to overly creepy suggestions): No, that is not my mouth in the banner at the top of the page. Sorry.